Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Title Unnecessary - April 10, 2017

Transfers are indeed this week, and...

...

...

I stayed.

Elder J**** is headed off to Sabana Perdida to train. I am receiving Elder C**** from my group. I have no idea where he is from, but I have only heard good things about him, so I am excited. The other zone leader with me, though, is Elder F****, who is in ANOTHER AREA. We are going to be calling each other A LOT, and doing A LOT of intercambios (DERP--exchanges). It should be new and fun, though. I am super happy that I stayed here in Primavera. I have come to love San Pedro. It is hard to describe, but its atmosphere is just...different. People are more receptive, most of the conveniences of a big city can be found there, and there are always other missionaries from the zone at my house or with me, because any time we have to go somewhere as a zone for meetings or anytime we go do something on a monday we all get to spend time together. It really makes for a united zone.

My biggest goals this month have to do with talking to EVERYONE. Everyone I see, everyone who gets close to me. If I don't do it, I will never see any more success as a missionary and we will never have success in our area. President Corbitt has talked a lot recently about how the first law of heaven is obedience, and how the first law of the mission is talking to everyone. I really need to get better at that. 

I am sad to see Elder J**** go, because it has really been a fun transfer, but at the same time I am glad to have something new. My clothes and shoes are doing fine. The shirts are a little yellow, but that is to be expected. My suit is coming along nicely.  (It is common in his mission for the missionaries to have a suit custom made.  It is very inexpensive (by our standards) and it helps the local economy.) This next week I will go in to try on the jacket before they put the sleeves on for fitting, and I will be sure to take some pictures. We are cooking somewhat, but members are still being good about giving us food. We are also low on money because of exchanges and meetings, and with transfers coming up things will be even tighter, so we haven't been able to buy stuff to cook with. 

I LEFT MY CONFERENCE NOTES AT HOME. Darn. I did like this conference--really, I did--but for some reason a lot of what was said blew over me this time. I felt spiritually uplifted and inspired, and I remember some of the things I received confirmations of truth for, but I don't remember much else. I know that the talks on repentance were all aimed at me--I need to develop better habits of daily repentance for the little things. I also need to repent of life before the mission, in the sense that I can't go back to the way things were. I can't fall back into not progressing or wasting time or being irresponsible. I need to make better habits, fill my time with more uplifting activities, and in general be more consecrated to the Lord. This Sunday President Corbitt came to our branch and taught about consecration. He mentioned that in the case of a person who is not a missionary that doesn't necessarily mean giving up all you have, but rather means using your time wisely and doing all things "in the name of the Lord." It made me think a lot.

Anyhow, I am totally out of time. Sorry it took me so long to write so little...I got lost in thought a few times, as I have in these last few weeks more and more often.

Love you all!
Élder Rowe

Here are a few pics. I promise I will take more this week! (the harrypotteresque thing is at a service project we did, and the other one is from the tramp park)






No comments:

Post a Comment